Direct Deposit/Payroll Deductions
Direct Deposit is a free service that electronically deposits your paycheck, retirement or pension checks, Social Security check, taxes or any other recurring payments to your credit union checking account automatically each payday.
CMECU encourages members to enroll in the free, convenient and time saving option of Direct Deposit. Like the majority of the financial institutions we are planning to start offering free checking with free ATM/Debit card attached, online banking, e statements, bill pay and other account benefits to our members who use Direct Deposit absolutely free starting July 19, 2010.
Of course it is your right and your decision to decide not to have direct deposit with CMECU, but after July 19, 2010 your monthly checking account service charge will be $6.00.
Check The Benefits Before You Decide:
Direct Deposit is an option that allows for the transfer of funds without the hassle associated with paper checks. Direct Deposit is very common in the United States. This is why 80% of large companies offer Direct Deposit. Join over 145 million Americans who use Direct Deposit on a regular basis with a rate of satisfaction above 97%.
Why Direct Deposit is the Smart Choice?
- Once you have signed up for Direct Deposit, you don't have to come to the credit union to deposit checks. So you avoid teller lines on paydays.
- Reduce the risk of check fraud and lost or stolen checks.
- Eliminates risk of ID theft or mail fraud.
- Your money is automatically deposited into your account on time, every time and you don't have to be at work or even in town!
- Direct Deposit gives you access to your money earlier than check deposits. There is no waiting for checks to clear and makes saving money easier since funds go directly into your account.
- Direct Deposit puts you in charge of your money. Financial planners recommend Direct Deposit as one step towards gaining control of your finances.
- Avoids disruptions to manage your money while you're deployed, traveling or should you become a victim of a severe weather crisis or other emergencies.
- With Direct Deposit, you decide how to divide your pay among your accounts and it will be done automatically.
- Direct deposit is a smart way to help the environment. Each year, checks use more than 674 million gallons of fuel and add 3.6 million tons of CO2 to the environment as they travel through the payment cycle.
Signing Up is Easy... Do it Now
If you don't have Direct Deposit with any financial institution right now please just complete a one time authorization form, and soon your checks will be automatically deposited to your account. Remember Chicago Municipal Employees Credit Union's routing and transit number is 271078094, but even if you already have Direct Deposit at another financial institution enter your information into the Direct Deposit Change Request Form and make the switch to CMECU today!
If you only want to make a regular loan payment or savings deposit instead of sending your whole check to the credit union, you can use the Payroll Deduction service offered by many employers in our field of membership
Payroll Deductions are automatic deductions from each paycheck for specific amounts, such as a credit union loan payment or deposits to a savings account, Financial Health Club or Christmas Club account, or IRA. Since the deduction is only part of your total check, you still receive a regular paper check on payday (less the amount of your deductions). Please just complete the authorization for payroll deduction form.
- Request Information
- City of Chicago Direct Deposit
- City of Chicago Payroll Deduction
- City Colleges of Chicago Direct Deposit
- Chicago Housing Authority Direct Deposit
- Chicago Park District Direct Deposit
- Chicago Public Schools Direct Deposit
- Direct Deposit Change Request
- Generic Direct Deposit
- Laborer's Annuity & Benefits Fund Direct Deposit